Job Title: Front Desk Support Staff
Status: Part Time/Full Time/Seasonal
Reports to: CEO
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Supports all aspects of membership for the branch including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of assigned staff. Develops, plans and implements new procedures and methods to achieve strategic goals.
- Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Supports program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration.
- Implements front desk procedures. Coordinates daily with Front Desk Supervisor regarding financial transactions.
- Cleans and organizes front desk area, lobby, foyer, restrooms, and other areas as directed throughout the day.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively, Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Working towards and achieve Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in customer service preferred.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR, First Aid, AED and Child Abuse Prevention training.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.